Doctors successfully recommend PULMAT for coughs, smokers’ cough, hoarseness, sore throats, bronchitis and in cases of sinusitis and nasal congestion. In cases of COPD PULMOT is prescribed not for a healing effect but so that the patient is able to breathe better in a condition of acute respiratory difficulty. Moreover, patients the find the expectorant effect as soothing. We ourselves cannot claim a healing effect for PULMAT but we consider it to be the best natural means in the world against coughing and hoarseness, even though it is not a medication in the true sense of the word. For a medication we would have to carry out the specification for 50% lethal dose whereby thousands of animals would have to be killed in order to determine the limiting value at which 50% would survive an increasing dosage. In further tests it would also have to be determined to what extent an additional active substance would actually increase the effect. Apart from the fact that this is almost completely impossible with the multitude of complementary active substances. We rely solely on the thousands of years of experience in the use of medicinal herbs of many different cultures. A series of such tests would cost hundreds of millions of Euros. To meet all the legal requirements for medications, instead of paying €5.80 for a packet of PULMAT in the pharmacy the customer would have to pay over 100 Euros and this is absurd. Moreover, as a rule a medication should not contain more than 3 active substances. For this reason we are not allowed to make a claim that PULMAT heals. But no-one can stop us from disclosing the effects which have already been determined in a large number of patients under the terms of a research study, the results can be seen below. The plan to to offer PULMAT as a juice failed because the individual herbs tend to destroy one another when together in a fluid medium. Our galenic formulations in compound form allows longer shelf-life which is at least 6 years, but in conformity with regulations, is given on the pack (wrapper) may only be stated as 3 years.
It would be too much here to give details of all the treatment examples but four medical reports should be mentioned:
Dr. W.S,G: My patient has COPD….. to date no one of the pharmaceuticals on the market were able to relieve her or free her from this annoying and burdensome coughing. PULMAT did this in only a short time. I am convinced of this product.
Dr.med. N. V: Treatment with PULMAT showed quick relief from the symptoms with a clear reduction in the irritation in the throat and bronchia, reduction of coughing attacks and significant relief of pain in the jaw and sinuses. I have used Pulmat with positive results in pharyngitis, viral and bacterial causes, laryngitis and tracheitis, Sinusitis frontalis and maxillaris, acute and chronic tracheobronchitis and bronchitis, pneumonia and chronic obstructive bronchitis. Pulmat brought about considerable improvement in lung function in COPD patients who continues to take standard medication. Amongst patients with chronic sinusitis, many who had suffered for many years now for the first time there was a significant reduction of symptoms, up to full remission.
Dr. med. W.A: The COPD patient from I. with acute respiratory distress told me that after taking just one PULMAT; “That worked quicker than my asthma spray!” Asthma patients in fact need less asthma spray, which is particularly beneficial when there is also heart disease. I also have the impression that PULMAT has a strong effect in inhibiting inflammation and is broncholytic.
Dr. med. X.S: I was to give a lecture but my voice was so hoarse that I would not have been able to utter one word that could be understood. Having taken PULMAT I was able to give my lecture only 30 minutes later.
In the following descriptions of individual healing herbs we have written only what can be found in the books on herbs, books on herbal remedies, in descriptions of components from other pharmaceutical companies and in Wikipedia.
PULMAT, our herbal lozenges, are regarded by many doctors and especially by our customers as a better alternative to traditional cough medicine and similar preparations.
- PULMAT in lozenge form is immediately at hand everywhere and at all times. For example, during an attack of coughing whilst driving in the car, or in the cinema or theater, just before an important business meeting etc. Here it would be rather difficult to handle cough medicine in a bottle.
- The effectiveness of PULMAT can be felt within a very short time after taking it.
- But the most important reason why we recommend PULMAT as the better alternative is the 18 active substances contained in each lozenge which complement and support one another.
All customary plant-based natural cough syrups and mixtures contain only one or two active substances, usually thyme, primrose, sage or Islandic lichen. While purely chemical remedies for cough can develop side effects such as gastrointestinal discomfort, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea and fever, PULMAT quickly develops and reveals the full strength of nature, despite its good tolerability. Our PULMAT, apart from 21 active substances also has a special galenic formulation which makes these active substances extremely compatible with one another. This involves a highly complex production process.
PULMAT creates a marriage of known natural ingredients which can be found in many document before and after Hippocrates, in herb lexica, ancient books on healing and in numerous other specialist volumes or in the Internet. They describe in different ways the effects of the active substances in PULMAT, which we describe as follows:
Active Substances, Ingredients and Nutritional Values:
The properties and effects of each active substance are listed as described in different ways in books on herbs, in Wikipedia and Internet
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) recommended by Commission E of the Medical Association. Effective in catarrh of the upper respiratory tract, recognized for bronchitis and whooping cough
- Essential thyme oil has proven in laboratory tests to be anti-bacterial and anti-viral
- Pure rose oil has anti-inflammatory, bactericide and soothing effect
- Black Elderberry (Sambuccus nigra): anti-inflammatory and therefore analgesic, antipyretic, expectorant,
- Thymol, flavinoids and carvacrol from Iceland Lichen (Ceraria islandica) have spasmolytic, broncho-spasmolytic, anti-inflammatory, mucolytic and analgesic effects. It is also used in cases of inflammation of gastrointestinal mucous membrane. It is also effective against nausea, stimulates the appetite is vitalizing and invigorating. The lichen acids are said to have anti-bacterial effect.
- Sage (Salvia officinalis): According to the above reports, the tricyclic diterpenes such as carnosol and carnosol acid have antioxidative antimicrobial and chemo-protective effect also against carcinogens
- Camomile (Matricaria chamomilla L.): anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic and anti-bacterial, activates leukocytes (Study Munich Univ.)
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita): anti-microbial, antiviral,
- Lime blossom (Tilia platyphyllos): throat irritation suppressant, relief for sore throat. Other ingredients such as glycocides give the lime blossom a spasmolytic effect, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. For this reason it is used primarily for feverish colds, flu-like infections and catarrh of the upper respiratory tract.
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis): anti-inflammatory, reduces swelling and spasms, anti-bacterial, reduces oxidative stress
- Ribwort (Plantago lanceolate): soothes irritation, relieves coughing, antibacterial, used in cases of catarrh of respiratory organs and inflammations of mouth and through mucous membrane.
- Malva (Malva): a remedy against dry throat coughing, also against minor inflammation of mouth, throat and in the gastrointestinal tract, anti-inflammatory
- Centaurea cyanus: anti-inflammatory, cough suppressant, expectorant
- True Primula (Primula veris): relief for coughing especially in common colds with congested coughing and sneezing, spasmolytic, anti-inflammatory and expectorant
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare): expectorant and for coughs
- Achillea millefolium: anti-inflammatory, astringent and spasmolytic
- Liquorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): aid to secretion of phlegm, (secretolytic and secretion movement). Liquorice root extracts have proven antibacterial and antimycotic effect. Typical uses include in coughing and other disorders of the upper respiratory tract.
- Pimpinella roots are considered a good and mild expectorant in bronchitis and catarrh of upper respiratory tract and anti-inflammatory in upper respiratory tract and throat as well as hoarseness
- Star aniseed (Illicium verum): aids expectoration and removal of foreign substances from the bronchia.
- Blackberry (Rubus fructicosus): anti-inflammatory
- Essential oils from forest honey expand the bronchia, relieve breathing and are inhibit inflammation
- Vitamin C is valuable in all common colds with coughs and sneezes. Additional Vitamin C strengthens the immune system against infections
- Glucose syrup
- Forest honey (4.1 %)
- Malt extract (barley)
- Herbal extract (0.61 %)
- Vitamin C
- Islandic lichen extract (0.21 %)
- Natural eucalyptus mint aroma
- Natural aroma menthol
- Rose oil