Available in all German pharmacies supplied by the pharma wholesale companiens GEHE, Sanacorp and Alliance Healthcare.
We recommend PULMAT for coughs, hoarseness, sore throats, bronchitis and in cases of sinusitis and nasal congestion. These herbal lozenges are outstanding in their extremely fast-acting effect, as confirmed by patients again and again.
Properties of PULMAT: Relieves strong irritant coughs, dissolves mucous and secretions, inhibits inflammation, reduces swelling, bronchospasmolytic, relieves pain, antispasmodic. Many of the ingredients are said to increase the body’s defense systems. For details please see below the the chapter on effective substances.
PULMAT, our herbal lozenges, are regarded by many doctors and especially by our customers as a better alternative to traditional cough medicine and similar preparations.
- PULMAT in lozenge form is immediately at hand everywhere and at all times. For example, during an attack of coughing whilst driving in the car, or in the cinema or theater, just before an important business meeting etc. Here it would be rather difficult to handle cough medicine in a bottle.
- The effectiveness of PULMAT can be felt within a very short time after taking it.
- But the most important reason why we recommend PULMAT as the better alternative is the 18 active substances contained in each lozenge which complement and support one another.
All customary plant-based natural cough syrups and mixtures contain only one or two active substances, usually thyme, primrose, sage or Islandic lichen. While purely chemical remedies for cough can develop side effects such as gastrointestinal discomfort, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea and fever, PULMAT quickly develops and reveals the full strength of nature, despite its good tolerability. Our PULMAT, apart from 18 active substances also has a special galenic formulation which makes these active substances extremely compatible with one another. This involves a highly complex production process.
PULMAT creates a marriage of known natural ingredients which can be found in many document before and after Hippocrates, in herb lexica, ancient books on healing and in numerous other specialist volumes or in the Internet. They describe in different ways the effects of the active substances in PULMAT, which we describe as follows:
Active Substances, Ingredients and Nutritional Values:
The properties and effects of each active substance are listed as described in different ways in books on herbs, in Wikipedia and Internet
- Vitamin C: 4 PULMAT lozenges are enough to cover the daily adult requirement. Additional Vitamin C, as in PULMAT, is valuable in all common colds with coughs and sneezes.
- Thymol, flavinoids and carvacrol from Thymus vulgaris are said to have secretory, secretolysic, spasmolytic, broncho-spasmolytic, anti-inflammatory, mucolysic, antibacterial and analgesic effects
- Polysaccharides, lichenin and lichen acids from Iceland Moss are described as cough suppressants, with antibiotic effect against bacteria, including Helicobacter pylori and Staphylococcus aureus
- Salvia officinalis:Antiviral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, antioxidative
- Camomile:anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic and anti-bacterial, activates leukocytes (Study Munich Univ.)
- Mentha piperita: anti-microbial, antiviral, Lime blossom: throat irritation suppressant
- Sambuccus:anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, expectorant, fungicidal, cancer-inhibiting, analgesic and antipyretic
- Calendula officinalis: decongestant, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-spasmodic, reduces oxidative stress
- Plantago lanceolata: against throat irritation
- Malvae flos: a remedy against dry throat coughing, according to Wikipedia, also against minor inflammation of mouth, throat and in the gastrointestinal tract (Journal: “Apothekenumschau”)
- Centaurea cyanus: anti-inflammatory, cough suppressant, expectorant
- Primula veris: anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, expectorant
- Foeniculum vulgare:expectorant
- Achillea millefolium:anti-inflammatory
- Glycyrrhiza glabra root: anti inflammatory
- Pimpinellaagainst catarrh of the upper respiratory tracts (lexicon of medicinal plants)
- Glucose syrup
- Forest honey (4.1 %)
- Malt extract (barley)
- Herbal extract (0.61 %)
- Vitamin C
- Islandic lichen extract (0.21 %)
- Natural eucalyptus mint aroma
- Natural aroma menthol
- Rose oil